|Full Name||Tōko Madobe|
|Hair Color||Light Blue|
Tōko Madobe (Japanese: 窓辺とおこ, Madobe Tōko) is an OS-tan that personifies Microsoft Windows 10.
She was first announced on May 26 2015 by Windows Navi+ as an unnamed mascot for Windows 10, with a contest where participants could choose her name, starting from June 19 2015. The announcement included her first official art and a bio.
In an event held on July 31 evening in Akihabara, her name was revealed to be "Tōko Madobe". It was first mistakenly announced as "窓辺とうこ" before being corrected to "窓辺とおこ" (both can be transcripted as Madobe Tōko).
Nice to meet you, I'm a 17-year-old member of the Madobe Family from 100 years in the future. With the announcement of Windows 10, I'm interested in the year 2015, which is a technological turning point, and I have come to this era! I would like to help you further improve your technology literacy.
- Age: 17;
- Origin: a girl of the Madobe Family from 100 years in the future;
- Personality: talented girl with excellent grades, very knowledgeable about technology, enjoys supporting people who are working hard. A bit spontaneous, which often worries her store manager;
- Hobbies: cheering, playing online games;
- Part-time job: rookie at the Akibano Custom Computer Company.
Original Windows 10 Mascot and Naming Contest announcement, which includes the bio above.
Naming Contest result. The same bio is included too.
- In the Akihabara Moe Characters Contests, Tōko ranked third in 2020, and fourth in 2015 and 2021.
Notes and references
- Original Windows 10 mascot and naming contest announcement (archive)
- PC Watch article about the announcement
- Haruhichan English article about the announcement
- Windows Navi+ Campaign Page (archive)
- Ascii.jp: We bring you the excitement at the Windows 10 DSP launch event in Akihabara!
- Naming contest result (archive)
- Akiba PC article about the naming contest result