|UNIVER.SYS is still in early development phase.
All character details and pieces of lore at this stage are subjects to change.
What you see now is a mere glimpse of what's to come, and is not indicative of the final version.
|Full Name||Masaki Ryugou|
|Personifies||Macintosh 128k, subsequently the Compact Macintosh line|
|Eye Color||Light Blue, Slate Blue|
|Occupation||Artist, graphic designer|
Masaki "Mac" Ryugou is the personification of Apple's original Macintosh 128K, and subsequently the Compact Macintosh computer line. The original Macintosh was launched on January 24, 1984, and played a pivotal role in establishing desktop publishing as a general office function. It was famous for its “1984” launch commercial.
Two days after "1984" aired, the Macintosh went on sale, and came bundled with two applications designed to show off its interface: MacWrite and MacPaint. The Macintosh was the first successful mass-market all-in-one desktop personal computer with a graphical user interface, built-in screen, and mouse.
Mac was designed by SpacePuffer and debuted on the web in February 6, 2023, however he debuted on this site on April 12, 2023.
Mac's outspoken personality and creative resourcefulness make him stand out. He is known for his monochrome illustrations, which combine different textures and patterns to depict scenarios or tell a story. Some of his artworks can be curious and quirky, as he often works around with less colors as possible. In addition to his illustration skills, he is also adept in product design.
Mac's talent for art and individualistic attitude have made him a favorite among Prismage's developers, especially the Mages. However, his complacency, impulsive emotions, and pride in being "unique" sometimes cause him to take criticisms personally, often becoming upset if others dismiss or misunderstand his artworks.
This personal flaw often hinders him from competing in bigger creative venues, although he is slowly learning to accept criticisms and advice for personal growth.
- Masaki in Japanese means "Elegant Tree".
- The ⌘ symbol on Mac’s hoodie is the Command key symbol, first added in the original Macintosh computer, derived from its use in Nordic countries as an indicator of cultural locations and places of interest.
- Mac has heterochromia, one eye being light blue and the other is a medium slate blue.
- Mac's grey hoodie and blue jeans are references to the original Macintosh team's hoodie, "90 Hours/Week and Loving It".
- Mac’s love of whimsical stories and the Mages are inspired by the stories in folklore.org, also known in book form as Revolution in the Valley.
- Red Mage is mostly responsible for that one.
- Mac may also represent the OSes for the early Macs, known as Macintosh System 1, 2 and 3, which were compatible with the Compact Macintosh line of computers, including Macintosh Plus and Macintosh SE.