|Full Name||Claudia Madobe|
Claudia Madobe (Japanese: クラウディア・窓辺, Claudia Madobe) is a character that personifies Windows Azure.
She is not an OS-tan, but was often shown with Nanami, Yū and Ai Madobe in campaigns, making her a notable supporting character that is as recognized as the OS-tans from the Madobe Family. She is also sometimes shown with her colleague Ruri Azumi.
Claudia debuted in the first episode of the Cloud Girl - Windows, Clouds and Blue Sky - webcomic (Japanese: 「クラウド ガール -窓と雲と碧い空-」), released on May 23 2011 by Microsoft Japan to explain cloud technology.
She was designed by Wakaba, who also designed Nanami.
Claudia was born on November 20, the day Windows 1.0 was released. She is an aspiring Windows Azure developer with a master's degree in engineering and a little more than two years of development experience. Her father is Nanami's uncle and is Japanese, and her mother is half French-American. She came to Japan for the first time a long while ago. Her brother Claude is a veteran cloud engineer with 15 years of experience.
She looks 170 cm tall, slender and tall, half Japanese and half French American. She combines her strength and beauty in her dignified stance. She is a bit supercilious for those who are just learning about cloud technologies, but we can learn a lot from her.
Merchandise featuring Claudia Madobe
- Claudia Madobe Limited Edition 2012 Figure
- Windows 8.1 Pro DSP Release Commemorative Pack
- Find the Way ～ Glittering Feathers ～
- Illustration collection of Nanami, Yū and Ai Madobe
- 2014 Spring Madobe Family Original Theme Pack
- In the Akihabara Moe Characters Contests, Claudia ranked third in 2011 and 2014, and fourth in 2013 and 2016.
Notes and references
- Ascii.jp: How did Claudia Madobe come about? | Claudia's Story Part 1
- Cloud Watch: "Cloud Girl - Window, Cloud and Blue Sky -", Introducing Moe Characters on Windows Azure, Episode 1 Released
- On older archive captures, the year 1985 is mentioned.
- Her profile on the Microsoft Japan's section for the Cloud Girl Webcomic (along with three other characters') (archive)