OS-tans.moe has been expanded to Moeverse!

News about the Moeverse Project and its Community.
Forum rules
Official Moeverse news. Only Administrators can create topics, but every member can react to the news. Topics are locked after about 30 days.
Pttn
Site Admin

OS-tans.moe has been expanded to Moeverse!

Post by Pttn »

I have been working on it the last few weeks, and things are now in an advanced enough state to make things official and a proper announcement about it, though a lot of things still need to be ironed out and they will be sorted out over time.

In October 29, 2022, OS-tans-moe was founded both because I already considered making an OS-tan site since a while at the time, and to help an OS-tan Community by providing a place for them. It has been an amazing ride over a year and the Wiki has become a place that grew to reach a few hundreds of entries and allowed several creators to share their creations and expand the OS-tan richness while inspiring each other.

But face it, the subject is so niche that there is so little potential of further community growth. The subject being so focused also tended to produce rules allowing content too far outside the scope of OS-tans themselves and not interesting those who are specifically focused on OS-tans (especially if they specialize even further, like only in Futaba OS-tans).

I myself became fond of Moe Mascots by more or less accidentally finding about them while looking for OS-tan Merchandise, so I also wanted a place for them, but it would definitively be too much to extend further the OS-tans.moe scope, and a new site was needed. At the same time, I also thought about expanding the subject to Moe Personifications in general. That is how I came up with the Mascots.moe and Gijinkas.moe sites.

Since people who would be interested in either places would share a lot of common interests, it made sense to put everything together under a common Project, the Moeverse, which extends the OS-tans.moe concepts to the broad scope of Moe Characters in general, and could in the future host even more Moe projects.

I believe that the expansion of OS-tans.moe to Moeverse will benefit a lot the Community by attracting more like-minded people, who might not be specifically interested in OS-tans, but still in related subjects, and this may in turn help to attract people who are interested in OS-tans but would not find about our Community.

Today, I might iron out some things, but I will then not be active for a few weeks to take care of some personal matters. I will still remain around, though I might not actively interact during this time unless something urgent requires my intervention.
If you find an issue, I probably already know about it, but you can still let me know by posting in the Forum or Discord just in case...

If you are particularly interested in the Moeverse Project, then get involved and do not hesitate to reach me if you have interesting ideas to help it grow, or are willing to dedicate yourself to the Project after demonstrating for some time in the Community your motivation and abilities!

Concrete Changes

That was the whole story behind the Moeverse. But what are the changes, concretely?

We now have Moeverse.xyz as the main site, which OS-tans.moe now belongs to, along its Sister Projects Mascots.moe and Gijinkas.moe. Emma and Gina are their respective Mascots, so with Mona that makes three Mascots!

The OS-tans.moe Forum became the present Moeverse Forum, and was heavily restructured. Existing Topics were moved to relevant new Subforums if applicable. The OS-tans.social Mastodon Instance was moved and renamed to Moeverse.net. It makes more sense to have an Instance about a much broader subject, and with a name that would be more appropriate and appealing for those who want to make an account either for general use or for artwork sharing.

We have a new Discord Server for the Moeverse, and you can join via this Invite Link. Due to several reasons, the previous OS-tan Discord, not run by myself, is no longer part of OS-tans.moe and operates independently from the Moeverse.

If you are just focused on OS-tans and don't really care about other Moe Characters, then not much actually changes for you. The narrowed down scope in the OS-tans.moe Wiki should not really affect you so it will for you remain pretty much as it was before. Though, if you made Original Content, rules regarding these changed a lot, and you may need to move stuff, though don't worry much about this and take all your time. If not done after some time then I will just move the stuff myself. OS-tans now only have one dedicated Subforum for them, but there was so little activity in the Forum that it should not matter much either. The OS-tan Discord and Subreddit remain basically untouched after the expansion. In summary, you can simply continue using the OS-tan places exactly like you did so far.

Wiki Accounts no longer need approval, one can start editing right away after creating a Forum Account, encouraging new members to join. Though, the Edits will initially be put on queue for moderation, and once approved and the new account manually checked, it will be added to the Automoderated Wiki Group and future edits will immediately take effect.

Finally, we have a Moeverse X Account. We might be posting news about the Project or Community, feature new Articles from our Wikis, or repost interesting Artworks from our Community Members.
Pttn
Site Admin

Re: OS-tans.moe has been expanded to Moeverse!

Post by Pttn »

The Mastodon Instance (Moeverse.net) will be shut down due to lack of interest now and in the foreseeable future, and disproportionate maintenance costs considering this. A shame as it had a promising start as OS-tans.social. Last visit from anyone still registered is from last year, so I assume that nobody will mind that I wipe all the data.
May be reopened again and started anew someday if the Moeverse Community builds up, though until then there is also a possibility that I develop some kind of alternative in the Moeverse or Stelo.xyz scope instead, as I was not completely satisfied with Mastodon anyway.